- December 15, 2018 at 8:19 pm #325
Samsung’s customer support staff may be wrong and clueless too many times to count, but they might have been right about the Galaxy Note 9 joining the One UI (Android Pie) beta. Well, Samsung might have, at the very least, pondered starting a Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie beta program even if it won’t actually do it. This is supported by test Pie firmware discovered by GalaxyClub for the Note 9 in Europe and South Korea.
Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie beta still possible?
Samsung is currently testing firmware versions N960FXXU2ZRKE and N960NKSU2ZRKF for the Galaxy Note 9. The interesting part here is the letter ‘Z’ in the build number. It has been used by Samsung for beta firmware since it began having public beta programs with the Galaxy S6. The Galaxy S9’s One UI beta, for example, comes with build number G960FXXU2ZRKA in Germany. And, before Android Pie, no such test firmware were ever spotted for a Galaxy Note flagship while a beta program was going on for that year’s Galaxy S smartphone.
It makes the presence of such firmware for the Galaxy Note 9 quite interesting. And with the Galaxy S9 beta program having started less than a week ago, Samsung does have time to include the Galaxy Note 9 in the program. But, as we said at the beginning, it’s also possible the company has backed out of doing that despite having planned it at some point. We hope that’s not the case, of course, and we will now be spending all our waking hours looking at the Samsung Members app on the Galaxy Note 9 for any sign of the Android Pie/One UI beta.
Yesterday, 4 dec 18, the 1st beta became available for the Note9 in Germany & India.
Thanks to “Matrix_Usman”, who pulled the UPDATE.ZIP from his Note9, and made the update available. (original link: https://www.droidmodders.com/viewtop…f=5&t=6&p=9#p9)
Thanks @geri005 for the link!
These CSC’s can install this update without problems:
SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XEU XFA XFN XNZ XSA )
You’ll have to be on ARK2: Germany (DBT) ARK2 -> ZRKQ
1. Type *#1234# in your dialer
2. If you see the same info as below, you are good to go:
* Download update.zip (Beta1) from here : https://mega.nz/#!gXISGIiS!eClFr00EJ…2JQJn3nwQfmTc8
* If you have sd card place update.zip in it boot to recovery by holding power up + power +bixby button.
* Go to apply update from SD card.
* just choose install update, If no sd card choose adb in recovery.
* Download adb from here https://dl.google.com/android/reposi…st-windows.zip
* Download and install adb drivers http://adbdriver.com/
* Copy the update.zip file to C:\adb (or wherever your adb.exe file is)
* Put your phone in recovery mode and select Apply update from ADB, then connect it to your PC
* Wait until your PC installs the drivers, if you’re doing this for the first time.
* Open command prompt, navigate to C:\adb (or wherever your adb.exe and update.zip is)
* Issue the following command: adb devices
If you can see a device in ‘sideload’ mode, you can proceed, otherwise you may have some troubleshooting to do.
* Issue the following command: adb sideload update.zip
* Be patient, and enjoy your update.
This will not trip knox if done by the method i told
Thanks to my collegue from SamMobile for using his Note9, and the great help of @CyberJ0hn & @geri005
We expect you to perform a factory reset for flawless Firmware.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.